Worried about family problems. Not interested in anything except sleep. What to do?

I am so tired all the time. I have a hard time getting out of bed and going to work.. I worry about family problems with a grandson, I worry about our business and the fact that there is no retirement in sight. I am 66 years old and feel trapped in a lot of situations I can't seem to get out of- family, church, and business. I am on Zolof but I don't think it help. I have no desire to do anything except sleep.
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should consult a Psychiatrist at the earliest.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mrs. Kohlerts, ,

Good Day to you.

I can fully appreciate the pain and agony that you are passing through.

* From the information provided, you seem to be suffering from Anxiety Depression and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

* You have passed through serious medical conditions in the past. At this age too, you have taken a whole lot of responsibilities on your shoulders. I really admire your courage, sense of responsibility and determination.

* It is high time that you start taking life easy: meditate, perform Yoga and pursue your hobbies which you might missed out on in all these years.

* The urgency to go to the bathroom after food, is probably due to either anxiety/Irritable Bowel Syndrome or can be a sequelae of colon cancer. It will improve with anti-depressants in adequate/effective doses.

* I would advise you to discuss your problems, in detail, with your Psychiatrist, who will prescribe you medicines, more effective than Zolof.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

Fond regards and best wishes,

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal