Woke up with blocked ear and feeling tired. Am I having an ear infection?

Hi there, I woke up this morning and both my ears are blocked and i kinda feel tired. I'm worried this is because i purchased and used in ear XXXXXXX base headphones last night. It was alot more intense sound than im used to. is this the cause or do i just have an ear infection or something? I also woke up kinda dehydrated. After taking creatine powder i usually drink about a galleon of water per day but last night i was very slack. Hope you can help. Thanks
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Usage of high intense speakers may cause pain in the ear or headache as there will be spasm of the muscles involved in tensing the Tympanic membrane to nullify the excess noise.

I would not consider that the symptoms you have could be as a result of high intense sound.It could be a viral fever which usually induces immune reaction in the ear, nose and throat.Oedema in the Eustachian tube can cause symptoms you have.The feeling of dehydration also can be related to the same.

I suggest you to use NASIVION decongestant nasal drops 2 to 3 drops in each nostril twice daily.This will reduce the congestion in the nasal cavity and Eustachian tube and will help you get rid of the symptoms you have.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.