With reference to the blood test result should I reduce my protein intake?

Hi, I am Male aged 32 years. I have a high protein intake. My Blood tests detected Bilirubin as 1.40. Asparate Aminotransferase as 39, blood urea nitrogen as 23. Blood detected in urine. RBC count in urine 3-5. Haemoglobin as 17.3. Is it normal if I am taking a high protein diet. Wil these levels normalise after I reduce my protein intake. My weight is 76 kgs and I take160-180 gms of protein daily
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that almost all of your tests are within normal limits except for blood in urine . Your high protein diet will just affect the blood urea nitrogen nothing else . Blood cells 2-5 in urine can be due to mild Urinary tract infection , heavy straining , exercise etc . I will advise you to get a repeat urine examination done after a week , if they still persist further evaluation will be recommended otherwise not . Take care . Dr. Shruti