Will there be any benefit from septoplasty to correct septum and remove mass?

i have been diag w/ deviated septum and right sinsus mass through MRI and chronic postnasal drip, chronic rhinitis. on pantanase and flonase. also seasonal allergies and copd. could there be any benefit from septoplasty or other procedure to correct septum and remove mass?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later
The nasal mass you have can be a major reason of the nasal septal deviation. As long as there will be a blocked nasal cavity because of the mass the post nasal drip will continue and the stasis will invite all kinds of infections to flourish there.
This post nasal drip is also entering into your lungs and must be giving rise to repeated acute accentuation of COPD.
To solve all these multiple problems I strongly recommend that you must undergo the removal of your nasal mass along with the septoplasty( it might not be needed if the deviation of septum is due to the mass itself).This one thing will solve all your problems and it is a minor surgery usually done under local anaesthesia.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.