Will swimming in a chlorine swimming pool aggravate pityriasis rosea?

will swimming in a chlorine swimming pool aggravate the (symptoms of) pityriasis rosea for my 4-year old child?
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Swimming does not aggravate the symptoms of pityriasis XXXXXXX Short term exposure to chlorinated water is not troublesome by itself . Long term, it can cause itching and irritation of the skin. Cracks and dryness can follow. Pityriasis should clear out on its own. As such, there is no relation between swimming and pityriasis
Let me know if you have any other concerns.
Good luck