Will short exposure to paint harm my brain in any way?

I used chalkboard paint today to make my own chalkboard, but the paint had a really strong smell to it so I had my face covered with a dust mask and later with a cloth. I also painted outside so it was well ventilated and I was finished in about 10 minutes.

Because the paint smells so bad, I'm worried about having inhaled the fumes. Since the dust mask is not much help. Could it harm me or particularly my brain in some way?
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No effect will occur for a short exposure

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic

Usually paints contain volatile organic substances, exposure to which is known to cause allergic symptoms of the eye and respiratory tract.
However the exposure needs to be for a long period and on a daily basis as seen in professional workers who work with them like painters...

One episode of exposure for very short period like 10 minutes in a well ventilated room will not lead to any problem.

Hence no need to worry no problem will occur.
The fumes of the paints will not cause any harm to brain in particular also.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you