Will semen diluted with water cause pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hell I know this may sound a little over-though, but if I have a shoewr with semen still on my penis, and the water drips over it onto my girls vulva (who is shorter then me), is there really any risk? or is it too unlikely to be a concern.

It did definetlaly drip onto her vagina, and I think i definetally still would have had some semen (just a little) coming out. Although i was in the shower before her so the initial bit would have washed off.
Sorry when I sead it did definetally drip, I meant the water directly from my penis. Not the semen.
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 39 minutes later
There is very less possibility for pregnancy in your case.
The semen diluted with water may not enter in to the inner genital tract.
If your girl friend was not in her ovulatory period, the risk decreases further or if she was in her ovulatory period, wait for her expected date of periods.
And if she miss the period go for pregnancy test once.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Will semen diluted with water cause pregnancy? 9 minutes later
Can such a small amount of semen cause pregnancy (ie a few remaining drops diluted with water) or us that unlikely and you generally need a more substansial ammount? Thanks :-)

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 minutes later
Actually few spermatozoa are enough to fertilize ovum. But the spermatozoa in few drops of diluted semen may not be more in number and may not have the capacity to ascend and reach the ovum.
So the chance of pregnancy is very less in your case.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Will semen diluted with water cause pregnancy? 2 minutes later
What do you mean very less? Do you mean very low?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 11 minutes later
Yes, the possibility is very low.