Will prolonged use of cardace H5 lead to erectile dysfunction?

Hi, I am 41 years old and have been taking Cardace H5 for past two years; My BP ranged from 130-120/70-90 during this period. Of late I am worried that the prolonged usage may lead to erectile dysfunction . hence I stopped taking the medicine for past 6 days and have been doing walking rigoursly. Kindly advise me on the above issues, pls.
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Cardace H5 contains Hydrochlorothiazide + Ramipril, and the impotence and erectile dysfunction are very rare side effect of this. It is never good to stop the medicines without consulting the doctor. Erectile dysfunction is multifactorial, so i advice you to start the medicines and if you think that the erectile dysfunction is due to the medicines it is better to speak with the consulting doctor and can then decide on the medicines.

Erection problems are common in adult men. Almost all men sometimes have trouble getting or keeping an erection.In many cases, the problem goes away with little or no treatment.

For many men, lifestyle changes can help. Cut down on smoking, alcohol. Get plenty of rest and take time to relax. Exercise and eat a healthy diet to keep good blood circulation.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.