Will previous termination of pregnancy with abortive pills further chances of pregnancy?

Hi Doctor, Two years back I terminated my 6 weeks pregnancy at home using abortive pills with out any doctor consultation. I heard that when we use abortive pills there still remains some pieces of embryo, which may lead to some serious problems. It's almost 3 years now, and I'm fine with regular periods asusual. Is the thing I heard is true? Kindly let me know coz me and my husband planning for a child. Is there any problem for my next pregnancy? Hope you will defenitely help...
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: sometimes true Detailed Answer: Hello, After any termination of pregnancy, sometimes there may be a complication where the abortion is incomplete, where some remnants of conceptions remain. In such a case, a surgical evacuation is done. In your case, i dont think you need to worry. If you had any remnants left after the abortion, you wouldnt be having regular periods the last 2 years. Repeated abortions sometimes have this complication. Since you have just done this once few years ago, i believe you should be safe. Go ahead and plan your pregnancy. Start folic acid tablets once daily.
Follow-up: Will previous termination of pregnancy with abortive pills further chances of pregnancy? 5 days later
Hello Doctor, Thank you for your detailed explanation.I would like to know if there are some remnants what are the symptoms other than irregular periods.Kindly let me know. Thanks & Regards.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: bleeding Detailed Answer: If there is an incomplete abortion and remnants of conception are seen on ultrasound there will be bleeding , irregular or continuous with pain on and off and chances of infection . You had mentioned you had regular cycles after the termination so i don't expect that to be a problem .