Will marijuana raise serotonin or histamine levels?

will marijuana raise serotonin and or histamine levels
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 3 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Many drugs can affect serotonin levels in the body. Alcohol, nicotine and marijuana cause a burst in the release of serotonin by your neurons, resulting in an initially elevated euphoric mood. However, once the initial feeling of euphoria fades, serotonin levels drop lower than they were originally, a significant serotonin depletion. Often, this leads to continued drinking or smoking in a futile effort to regain the initially heightened serotonin levels.

The person who has used marijuana for longer time, their histamine levels are extremely low.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer