Will it be safe to take oxyelite pro along with lexapro 10mg?

Question
Hello. My psychiatrist prescribed me Lexapro (10mg) and I am taking Oxyelite Pro, 2 caps/day. Should I stop taking the OEP or can I conciliate both? I weight 65kg, my height is 1.65m and I lost 5kg this month by taking the OEP and running. I asked my psychiatrist about it, but she doesn't know the OEP.

(English is not my first language, sorry).
Posted Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 9 minutes later

Oxyelite Pro is a supplement of which it is unclear that the ingredients will or will not interact with Lexapro. There are multiple plant based ingredients in the tablet and each one of them has a potential interactions. That said, I am not aware of a specific interaction that would cause problems.
You should certainly inform your psychiatrist you are taking this. One of the key ingredients in Oxyelite is caffeine. Caffeine does not specifically interact with lexapro but may affect your overall condition which lexapro is also trying to treat. Finally, Oxyelite Pro is designed for weight loss. Lexapro can cause weight gain. Your psychiatrist should not only know that you are on OEP but also that you desire to lose weight. There are other antidepressants, bupropion in particular, that dont' cause weight gain and can even lead to weight loss.

Let me know if I can help you further.