Will having synechai during 20th week of pregnancy cause problems?

General Surgeon
I have synechai in pregnancy at 20th week.Is yhis any probelem
in the pregnancy?Is this any restict the babay's growth.But doctor said baby movement is very good.This is my 23rd week pregnancy.I had a D&C before.This is 2nd pregnancy
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 26 minutes later

Post D&C synechiae is a well known entity which occurs in so many patients and can also cause infertility.

As you have pregnancy that is growing normally, baby movements are good and you have not mentioned any growth discrepancy till now..

Pregancy has already advanced to 23 weeks without any problem.

Synechai may some time cause problems, but more so in early pregnancy and in advanced pregnancy some cases pre term delivery, placental adhesions are also known.

You should be alert and vigilant, regular ultrasound to rule out any problem is desirable.

I do not expect any problem as your fetus is growing normally with good movements.

Report to your Gynaecologist if any problem occurs.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Will having synechai during 20th week of pregnancy cause problems? 1 hour later
I accepted this answer.In general what type of problems occur in pregnancy
with synechai.can you explain it please?Is it common or uncommon in pregnancies.This is my 23rd week
my baby is 1pound.When will i go next ultrosound.Do you know any successful pregnancies with synechai in pregnancy.Is this same as amniotic sheets?
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 1 hour later

Nice to hear from you again

There is no significant difference in pregnancy outcome comparing pregnancies with sonographically documented uterine synechiae to those without synechiae.

I have seen so many successful pregnancy with ultrasound documented synechiae in my nursing home.

Amniotic band don`t have vessels on color Doppler ,where as synechiae has blood vessels on color Doppler.

So two are different ,no doubt they appear similar to common man.

It is better to decide date of next ultrasound after consultation with you doctor.

Preterm delivery or IUGR or placental adhesion can occur in few cases only.

‘Hope I have answered your query, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”