Will having sex for the first time at the age of fifty-eight present any problems that I need to be aware of?

I am in a new relatioship and my partner is anxious for sex. I am 58 and still a virgin. My partner has asked me to marry him and I have said yes but the problem is I don't think he believes me that I am a virgin. Will having sex for the first time at my age present any problems that I need to be aware of?
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 6 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

You must have stopped having your periods by now that means you are menopausal.

Menopause causes vaginal dryness so you have to use oestrogen creams locally.

Apart from that I don't think there is any problem having sex at this age.

Best wishes