Will delivery be normal if ultrasound shows hypoechoic mass in uterus?

hello doctor,i m 2 month pregnant and today a hypoechoic mass 64*54 mm seen along posterior wall of my uterus during ultrasound.plz suggest is my pregnancy safe or not.whether it has any bad effect on growth of my baby.whether delivery would be normal or not?
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: fibroid??? Detailed Answer: Hello It's most likely that you have a fibroid in the post wall of the uterus . Normally small fibroids should not cause any problems with pregnancy . Your fibroid is bigger than most . However if the uterine cavity is not distorted due to the fibroid you should be able to have a normal pregnancy . But in advanced pregnancy if the fibroid is still big then it cause some pressure symptoms like pain etc . Whether the delivery will be normal or surgical is too early to tell . It depends if there are any pressure symptoms problems or obstruction or any other obstetric complications . It won't have any negative effect on the fetus .
Follow-up: Will delivery be normal if ultrasound shows hypoechoic mass in uterus? 5 minutes later
Is it begining of cancer.Plz suggest some medicine.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: not cancer Detailed Answer: XXXXXXX , fibroids are never cancerous . Don't worry about that . It usually requires surgery but only if symptomatic . Nothing is to be done now while you are pregnant . Itcanbe removed after delivery will. Rest your mind and go ahead with your pregnancy .
Follow-up: Will delivery be normal if ultrasound shows hypoechoic mass in uterus? 45 minutes later
Thanx doctor for your valuable time.plz suggest some family doctor recommended me 2 tablet for is gestofit 200 mg and second one is suprox-sr.plz advise.thanx again.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: prenatal vitamins Detailed Answer: Well, right now you only need medicine for the pregnancy. You need to take folic acid 5 mg daily for another 2 mths. Then iron and calcium needs to be started. The medicime given now is to help avoid miscarriage. You can continue. Monthly doctor's visit is mamdatory.