Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Will a HIDA scan help in the diagnosis of Habba

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 1174 Questions
Will a HIDA scan help in the diagnosis of Habba Syndrome?
Posted Mon, 4 Dec 2017 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
HIDA is the test to diagnose Habba.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic for your query my dear.
I have gone through your query carefully and I appreciate your concerns.

As per standard text, Habba syndrome is an association between chronic diarrhea and a dysfunctional gallbladder, which produces an abnormal amount of bile. HIDA scan is a hepatobiliary scan which evaluate the ejection fraction of the gallbladder which suggests whether gallbladder is working properly or not.

HIDA is therefore almost always used to diagnose Habba.

Hope I provided you with the answer.

Feel free to follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Will a HIDA scan help in the diagnosis of Habba 21 minutes later
Thank you for you help.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most welcome

Detailed Answer:
Wishing your husband a fast recovery.

Warm Regards!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor