Will I get syphilis if someone kiss on my cheeks?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
1.Is it possible to get syphilis if someone has a sore on the mouth and kissed you on the chee. my age is 37
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: It is possible only if that person had syphilis ulcer in mouth and the other one had open sore on cheek. In this case, if these 2 sores were in contact,transmission is possible but still the risk is low. If there wasnt sore on cheek then syphilis cant be transmissed through normal skin. Syphilis is usually transmissed by sexual intercourse or placenta from mother to child. Other ways of transmission are rare. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards