Why has the doctor suggested Duphaston and Ovacre to a female?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
why gynocologit doctor sggest dophaston & ovacre tablet to female
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
hi,

duphaston tablet contains progesterone hormone in the form of dydrogesterone and ovacare contains different vitamins, minerals along with some amount of carbohydrates, fats and proteins,

combination of these two tablets are generally prescribed in infertility treatment with the hope that,
ovacare will help in ovulatory function and in the process of conception,
duphaston will help in case of progesterone deficiency, in implantation and in continuation of pregnancy,

these tablets also help in regularization of menstrual cycles.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Why has the doctor suggested Duphaston and Ovacre to a female? 42 hours later
i am asking when this tablets taken before plan for pregenency are if couple making relationship than also she dint get pregenency

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 minutes later
hi,

if the couple conceives naturally it is good, but if they are having some problem in fertility then only some help is need in the form of tablets.
some doctors may prescribe prophylactically also.
these medicines are prescribed when the couple are trying to conceive, ovacare can be used through out the cycle and duphaston in the second half of cycle.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Why has the doctor suggested Duphaston and Ovacre to a female? 4 days later
couples Trying To Convice And she Taking Dophaston And Ovacare Tablets That How Many Months To Take Get Pregenency And Also This Tablets Are Avoid Miscourage

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
hi,

tablets will help in getting pregnancy but just tablets are not sufficient to conceive,
you have to track the ovulation during menstrual cycles and have to plan intercourse around that period which will increase the possibility of conception,
ovulation can be tracked by cervical mucus method or by ovulation kit or by ultrasound with your doctor's advice,
usually there is around 25% chance to get conceived in first cycle, according to literature up to 6 cycles of tablets can be tried,
duphaston tablets which are progesterone tablets they will help to some extent in preventing miscarriage.