Ask a Urologist   »  

Why has my penis shrunk? What is the required treatment to be done?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
hI I HAVE PENUS WHICH HAS SHRUNK RIGHT BACK , ITS GETTING A BIT EMBARRASSING HOPE YOU CAN HELP. I REMBER AN OPERATION WHERE THEY PUT A SPRING IN HELP.
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later
Hai XXXXXXX,

You mean that your penis had shrunken. Am I right?

The texture of penis both skin and muscles are made to shrink and relax by nature itself. In extreme cold climate or when you are having immersion bath your organ will shrink and other times it will relax even in flaccid state.
More over after the age of 70 we can observe a generalized shrinkage of skin all over our body due to lack of moisture and elasticity of skin, ageing and other associated conditions like Diabetes etc.
If you still not convinced you can try some moisturizing lotions on the external skin of shaft of penis and outer surface of foreskin. You can try as well Testosterone hormone after estimating its level in blood and if there is no contraindication as per the guidance of your physician.

If you are seriously looking for some procedure to enlarge the size I would not recommend it. It has risks than benefits at this stage. Second this procedure does not guarantee a large one.

Last advice but well fits is we tend to look at the penis very closely during various acts in a day. We are more bothered about the cosmetic appearance rather than its functional significance. Though it functions well we want it to be good looking. On repeated looking we try to find major faults than they actually are.

Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan