Ask a Urologist   »  

Why has my frenulum become white?

the frenulum(thin skin connecting the penis head and the outer layer) has become white .. is it because of using soap on penis head or its something else.. please advise
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

The whitish substance that you are seeing on your frenulum is most probably a deposit of dry smegma. It usually gets deposited if you do not wash it frequently.

The only thing you need to do is to just wash it away while showering. Gradually all the white substance will come off easily.

In future, to prevent any such deposition just keep the area clean and dry and wash it thoroughly everytime you take a bath.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.