Why does the penis go back inside?

why does my penis go back inside me.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

You need to know why penis goes inside.
Normally the flaccid penis that is the normal state when you are not aroused is quite small, and normally "retracts" into the fleshy folds of tissue that compose the shaft.

It's not really retracting or becoming smaller, because that's the way it is normally . It is the erect penis that lengthens and enlarges .Sometimes in conditions post surgery many men will notice that their penis has shortened (or retracted more) into their body.

When your body is under stress,anxious or angry e.g. sweating, increased heart rate, sweaty palms the smooth muscles in the penis tend to contract . This makes your penis retract. As your body heals, this acute shortening of your penis should improve.

Unless you do not have a permanent problem of retraction it is ok, if it does then you need to show to an Urologist.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.