Why does my head spin all the time?

Female, age 34, hypoactive thyroid for 10yrs, on 100 micrograms of synthroid. XXXXXXX NY 100 degrees outside, apt around 80, past 2 days very bad head spins when l put my head down or get up, or move from side to side when laying down.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 51 minutes later

Having head spins all the time may be associated with many reasons which need to be ruled out one by one in your case-
1. Abnormal position of the neck- avoid using a pillow for a few days and see if it improves.
2. Migraine headaches are also associated with vertigo or spinning of head. Do you have any association with headache?
3. Inner ear problems- due to inflammation or miniere's disease- Can be ruled out on examination by an ENT specialist.
4. Stroke causing compromised blood supply to the inner ear. This can be ruled out by your general physician after looking for all the risk factors.
5. cervical spondylosis- usually associated with pain in the neck.
You need to rule out the above conditions and then get the treatment according to the diagnosis.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.