Ask a Urologist   »  

Why do I have dots on my penis being a virgin?

Psychiatrist
Question
I am 20 yrs old,there are small dots present in my pennis.Could you plz tell why it is so..To be XXXXXXX i am vergin.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later

Important aspects of your query are:
•     20 year old virgin male.
•     Known case of some gastric problem.
•     Complaints of: Small dots on penis.

When spots, lumps or rashes appear on the penis or scrotum, men may worry that they have a sexually transmitted disease, but in most cases the concerning spots are both common and harmless. The size, shape and color of the spot may help determine whether there is something to be concerned about.

But I can assure you that if you are a virgin, then they are not genital warts, because the only way you can catch them is by sexual contact.

I suspect that these little dots or spots are whitish in colour, they may be very small and quite numerous. If so, you can stop worrying. They are simply tiny collections of secretions from glands in the skin of the end of your penis. They are quite harmless, and no treatment is needed. They often go away as puberty ends.

Please give me following information to know type of cyst and to help you better:
•     Duration of cyst
•     How they originated and pace of growth
•     Number, colour and size
•     Associated symptom: like scarring, bleeding, itching or pain

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Follow-up: Why do I have dots on my penis being a virgin? 3 hours later
Those dots were there since many years.those dots are originated as a group on the right bottom of the pennis ,there will be arround 15-20 dots.they are light white in color and they are some times itching.They are not growing,i have been noticing for many years it remains same..
Follow-up: Why do I have dots on my penis being a virgin? 19 minutes later
sorry the color is not white, it is in skin color itself but it is littile bit in lite color when compared with skin color.I am not much fair..

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 4 hours later
Hello again,

From your information two possibilities came into my mind:

1) Hair follicles and sebaceous (sweat) glands: these are extremely common and a normal part of the skin's anatomy. They are commonly found on the penile shaft, particularly on the ventral surface (underside). They may be visible as small nodules or might only be felt as small lumps in the skin. They will have a hair arising from them that reveals their true nature. They are quite normal.

2) Pearly penile papules: multiple, small (about 1-3mm) papules running around the circumference of the crown of the glans penis. They typically develop in young age, and around 10 per cent of all men are affected. They may be mistaken for warts, are not infectious and require no treatment.

So final message: no need to worry.

Hope, this helps to solve your query. Wish you good health.