Why do I get neck and back cramps and body aches when I wake up in the morning?

I get cramps, body aches in regular basis. mostly when i get up in mornings. most of my cramps happens to my neck and my back. kindly suggest what to do?
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: get your calcium and vitamin D levels checked Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, A low calcium and Vitamin D levels may cause cramps and body aches on a regular basis. It can also present in the neck and back as pain. I suggest you to get your serum calcium and Vitamin D levels checked, and report back to me with the report. If the test reports are low, you will need oral calcium and Vitamin D supplementation. Meanwhile, please consume a glass of milk without fail daily. Also, do stretching and other moderate physical exercises to remain in good health. Regards,