Why do I feel tightness while fingering the vagina?

Question
I don't know why I do it but i enter my index finger in my vagina and it feels very fleshy and hard to enter I haven't had sex since July is this normal also since I did that I have pain in my right side .
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 1 hour later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing.

I want to know if you have been sexually active for quite some time or is it just one or two contacts.

This is because if its only few contacts you have made, then the reason could be that your introitus (vaginal opening) is still too tight to enter. So you feel it hard to enter with fleshy feel all around.

Besides the feel of fleshy thing inside is normal as the inner thing is made of tissue.

But if you feel any fleshing tissue projecting, or irregular hard areas on fingering or bleed then it is a matter of concern.

Pain which you have on right side could be explained by trauma due to fingering or chances of infection from fingering.
If you have discharge or itching then they further point to infection.

Kindly revert back with any further queries.

Follow-up: Why do I feel tightness while fingering the vagina? 33 minutes later
Before July I had not have
sex for 3 yrs but in July i had sex more than twice .i don't feel anything hard.

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 5 minutes later
Hello there.

Thanks for writing back.

The reason for your feeling then can be just a tight introitus ( vaginal opening).
Fleshy feel is the feel of your vaginal tissue.

The fact that you do not feel any hardness, projections, irregularity or lumps inside itself explain that there is nothing to worry about this.

Forceful insertion in a tight introitus can lead to pain.

To rule out any pathology, you can visit a gynecologist for an XXXXXXX examination and direct examination of the interior of vagina.

I hope I have answered your query.

Follow-up: Why do I feel tightness while fingering the vagina? 40 minutes later
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 7 minutes later
You are most welcome for queries.