Why do I feel like nerve on thigh after masturbating?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hello Doctor, I have been having this strange feeling for a few days or so, maybe a few weeks. Initially, after I masturbate I could feel something on my left thigh on the inner side up of the knee. Some feeling like a line being drawn inside my inner side of my left thigh, maybe a vein kind off. After masturbation the feeling used to go away and I would feel it was momentary and it wont come back. Now yesterday when I masturbated the feeling came and it made me more conscious. I can feel something even today on my left thigh. I do not know whether it is something related to my masturbation, but there is not problem in arousal, erection and ejaculation. These are fine. Only that I can feel a nerve (?? or something) on my left thigh. There is no weakness of muscles, no pain regarding that feeling. Please tell me if I need to get serious about it. Thanks.
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Hi and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your question.

It is not uncommon to have a transient pulling sensation along the inner thighs especially during the time of orgasm or ejaculation. There are areas other than your genitals, like the inner thighs, perianal region, etc., which are 'erogenic' zones i.e. these areas have a higher concentration of touch sensitive receptors. So, during orgasm, these areas can get stimulted and have heightened sensations, which may be the reason for the strange sensations in the inner thighs. Moreover, during ejaculation, there is contraction of muscles in the base of the penis as well as the anal sphincter. This also could account for the feeling of 'pulling of nerves'.

Since you mention that you don't have any pain or muscle weakness or any interference with your sexual functioning, you need not worry about this. Whatever feeling is persisting should gradually subside and I think it's okay to ignore it.

In case, you develop any pain or swelling or redness or any other complication, then you should seek medical attention.

I hope I have answered your query. Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar