Why do I experience pain and bleeding while having intercourse?

Hi Doctor,
I got married in April 2012. I had difficulties in intercourse. It was painful and I experienced blood. I did not enjoy it at all. I was with my husband for five months. He tried many times but I could not enjoy. It also ended in pain during urination. I also saw blood stains on tissue after I wiped after urination.

I will be joining my husband in a month. I also tried masturbation. I had no past experience. I tried with soft tapping on clitoris and it excited me. I want to know if it is normal. I checked with a gynae and she said path is narrow hence this pain.

Can you please advise me on this.
Posted Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is quite common in the newly married period.
Reduced sexual excitement on your part could be the issue.
Try prolonged foreplay, use of lubricants like coconut oil, liquid paraffin, KY jelly and see if that help.
Request your husband to be little gentle while ENTRY and once the penis enters the vagina / with few movements, your secretions will give the required lubrication.
It may take a while but it is quite manageable.
Sex also has learning curve!
Pls write back for doubts if any.
Best regards