Why am I unable to hold mouse with shoulder and neck pain?

Hi Doctor, I have huge right shoulder and neck pain. I cant hold mouse at work nowadays. Could you help me on this?
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the problem I would like to tell you that shoulder and neck pain can be due to multiple reasons . It will not be able to pin point any one reason but still we can discuss the possibilties . It can be a cervical spondylosis , a simple strain of shoulder , a small ligament tear or even it may be a beginning of arthritis . It is very important to examine the shoulder in person to elicit the exact site of pain and underlying structure giving rise to it . Range of motion needs to be examined .It will help to make the diagnosis . May be an MRI of shoulder joint will be required . You need to consult a rheumatologist or orthopeadician for this . Till then you can take a pain killer with muscle relaxant for the pain after due consultation with your treating doctor . You can also use hot fomentation for this and give rest to the shoulder. Take care. Dr. Shruti