Why am I unable breathe through my nose after a hit?

Hello, I need some advice please My 2 yr old foster sister head butted me in my nose it didn't bleed out from tbe front but it did from the back and down my throat, I have ithe past had a lot of problems with my nose in the past ive hax a septoplasty twice plus 3 tonsiletomys and adeniods as they grew back. my nose is currently very very tender and I am unabke to breathe through my nlse on the right hand side which iz the side that they corrected 2 years agoi put ice on my nose and cold compress but its very painful stilli cant breath through the right side and I did hear it crunch if I gentke press my nose the pain escalate also its bleeding down my throat but I a bringing it back up as j cant breath my nose on the right could it of been damaged ? also three weeks ago my gpsaid I had laryngitis but its still bad talking is very hard to do im very horsed how long would it last ???
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: try local pressure from both sides, consult ENT Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to healthcare Magic. Direct hit on nose that has been operated in the past might have lead to fracture of nasal bridge or displacement of the septal cartilage it if the hit has been hard. Another thing is that there can be a hematoma that is local blood collection in the right side of the septum that is blocking your nose and you are not able to breath from right side for that reason. In either case you should get examined by an ENT surgeon of your locality and if there is a hematoma or rent then you will need a nasal packing and medication. The sore throat usually last 5 to 7 days with treatment and should recover in due course of time without any residuam. I will advise you to consult a physician as soon as possible in this regard. I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Take Care!
Follow-up: Why am I unable breathe through my nose after a hit? 5 minutes later
thank u for the advice I cant see a ENT surgeon untkl im sent for as im in the uk I Can see my gp would they be able to help T all ?
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Get GP help if possible get ENT referral Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome back to health care magic. Strictly speaking this is a job of in ENT surgeon but certainly the GP can also be of some help if he or she can see a rent in the mucosa and unstable clot then they can put local packing if he/she is experienced in the job and at least they can prescribe you with the painkillers and antibiotics.I think you should try local pressure for 10 - 15 minutes and see if the swelling has gone and you can breath through the right side nostril. If that doesn't help then go to the GP and if possible get yourself referred for an ENT surgeon. I hope the advice will be helpful for you. Take care.