Why am I spotting after my period and feeling dizzy?

Hi doctor. Today i been so dizzy and also have light bleeding 5 days after my period. what could it be. I feel like the house is spinning . I never had these symptoms before thank you
Posted Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later

Welcome and thanks for writing to us

Irregular bleeding with dizziness can be due to anemia.Other causes can be stress , hormonal disturbances , hypothyroidism etc.Causes for dizziness can be lack of sleep ,postural hypotension, ear problem like wax in ear , cervical spondylitis etc.Before coming to a conclusion I would like to know your marital status , previous menstrual history and certain investigation reports like Heamoglobin , blood pressure , Ultrasound , TSH level etc.
Till then just relax , take iron supplements , tablet stugeron or stemetil under doctor's prescription.Drink lots of water and fluids.Take proper rest and sleep well.
Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome
Follow-up: Why am I spotting after my period and feeling dizzy? 14 hours later
Thank you for your your reply doctor. I do have anemia and i will start taking iron pills. just what happened to me was out of the normal.I am married .my tsh levels are normal
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 28 hours later

Welcome once again and thanks for the reply

Best wishes