Why am I having wet vagina after menopause?

I am 15 years post menopause and my vagina seems to be unusually wet where before it was dry.
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 minutes later
Postmenopausal age group does have some problems of its own. You need to rule out urinary incontinence,infection etc. Have yourself examined by a doctor so that if infact,you have incontinence, it can be identified early and treated. In some cases,unless the incontinence is very significant the patient often doesnt understand. So its better to be checked out by a professional.
Follow-up: Why am I having wet vagina after menopause? 3 minutes later
Would that be the only reason?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 4 minutes later
That the most common reason. Another cause would be infection,which again will need a swab test. Use of lubrication,spermicides etc all may cause similar wetness.
Any change in vaginal flora can cause an infection. Treatment would be antibiotics.
So this is not a symptom of any kind of cancer?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 minutes later
If there is any bleeding then you need to worry about that. Only wetness could occur to various reasons like i have stated. But the sometimes if there is discharge then a swab test should be done to look for infection. Most infections can be easily treated but certain ones like HPV etc can cause cancer. Hence its important that infection and incontinence be differentiated.