Why am I having shortness of breath after applying Voltaren Gelon for shoulder?

Hi, My mother applied Voltaren Gelon her shoulder and she started complaining of being short of breath. her blood pressure is 146/67 pulse 82 no other symptoms, she's 79. I took it off with water and soap. However, somewhat concerned with some of the side effects I read on line. Any suggestions? thank you in advance
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: No. Either due to anxiety or Heart attack. ECG. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Difficulty or shortness in breath is one of the sign of allergic reaction to diclofenac. But the risk of side effects of are low when diclofenac is applied to the skin. And also her Blood pressure and pulse are not largely abnormal. She also do not have other symptoms of allergy like swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. As she already suffering from anxiety, this may be the cause for her shortness of breath. It is possible to have a "silent" heart attack without experiencing all the obvious symptoms, such as chest pain and overwhelming anxiety. In this case, shortness of breath may be the only warning sign of a heart attack. Thus please do the Electrocardiogram and rule out any Heart attack. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.