Why am I having cuts in forthskin while having unprotected sex and why is my wife having burning sensation with semen penetration?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2013
Dec 2013

Dermatologist
Question
Almost 5 years back, I had a small inflamations on my forthskin because of tight underwears. (Before that my forthskin used to open the head of my penis used to come out, but the head was very sensitive like raw flesh) I applied some cream to the inflamation and it dried out and healed. But since then the forth skin of my penis became NON-elastic and the head doesnot come out anymore. I never bothered with that until I got married. Now while unprotected sex, the forthskin seems to cut, due to stretching and it burns like hell. While having sex with condom, I dont have any problem. But without condom my wife also tells whenever my semens hits her tract it gives her burning and it is painful for her also. It was so painful for her, that our frequency of having sex dropped, until we started using condoms again.
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Phimosis; Go for circumcision Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic. I can understand your concern for tight foreskin and problem during intercourse. After reading your query it appears that you are suffering from "phimosis" condition. IN this condition the penis head is not able to come out of the foreskin. TO tell you medically- the skin of our foreskin is very elastic in uncircumcised males. It is general fact that this skin should be completely retracted back daily during washing and properly cleaned. If in any case there is infection near on into the foreskin along with penile had then the skin is not been cleaned properly. If this continues for more than few day to weeks then the elasticity is reduced resulting in non- retraction of skin to the base head of penis. This condition is called as phimosis. The tight foreskin is best to be surgically excised.The operation done for this condition is known as "circumcision". It is a very simple operation which do not require hospital stay and same day you can go home. You can visit preferably a urologist or a surgeon to know further details. For the interim of help you can follow the suggestions below: - Wash your penile area for two times in a day with plane water. Wash it very gently but properly. It is quite important to retract your skin fully backwards and then wash the area. - After every sexual intercourse/masturbation too, wash the area properly. - Wear cotton undergarments. Change these two times a day. Do not wear any synthetic or tight garments. - Avoid vigorous sexual act and be gentle in the same to avoid trauma to the skin. I hope this clears all your doubts. Tell me if you have any further quires. Wish you good health with regards, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD - Skin & Sexually Transmitted Diseases)