Why am I having a constant clicking sensation in my left ear ?

I am nearly eight months pregnant and had a nasty bout of sinusitis at six months. Since then I have had an almost constant 'clicking' sensation in my left ear and a blocked feeling as though I can hear my own voice. Very annoying!! I am now in bed with a very sore throat and headache which feels like the start of a cold. Is there anything you can
recommend to help and is this common during pregnancy? I am 39 with a pre-pregnancy weight of 126lbs and in general excellent health.Thank you.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 1 hour later
Hi ,

The above said symptoms are suggestive of the condition called Serous Otitis media( which is an inflammatory condition of the middle ear secondary to the previous/current throat or nose infections).
You need to consult your doctor for the ear , nose and throat examination. Only the clinical examination can diagnose this condition and we discussing the possibility of the condition based on the history.

It is not normal nor common to have these symptoms during the pregnancy.

Avoid blowing of nose, avoid spicy and cold food items.

Maintain adequate hydration.

After examination doctor may put you on the Antibiotics and Decongestants drugs.

So i suggest you to visit the doctor at the earliest.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.