Why am I feeling scared with warm feeling in lower body while relaxing?

Hello I have a question.. I have been battling a problem which I have no clue to deal with. I would be relaxing and then a hot warm feeling shoots through my lower body and then to my head. It feels like a rush of elegrein and warmth. Almost like when given XXXXXXX for a MRI. It lasts up to 20 to 30 sec... During this my heart rate stays the same , I'm not sweating .. Just feel scared then it pass. I have even woke up to a cold feeling before this happens and then it started about 5 mins later. This does-not happen every day. Last one was about 3-4 weeks ago...
Posted Sat, 11 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Unlikely to be serious... Detailed Answer: Hi, I went through your post with diligence. You described a sudden short lived warmth rushing from toes to the head at random episodes. This short lived event is not associated with any other symptoms - this symptom is not explained by any serious organic pathology. Now as your heart rate is normal during this event, it doesn't seem to be related to adrenaline rush too. As they are short lived and not very frequent, I don't think you need to be worried. I am not concerned. If these events continue to scare you repeatedly (though I don't feel any necessity), you can get your serum adrenaline, noradrenaloine, urinary VMA and metanephrine levels checked. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards