Why am I feeling pain inside ear?

ENT Specialist
Hi Doctor,
Since two days i am feeling pain inside my right ear. Feeling painful when am chewing any hard substance.
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. Get your ears examined by an otoscopy from an ENT Specialist.

2. If your ear is normal, then this is a referred pain from the teeth or jaw since there is a common nerve supply. This is usually the case.

3. If you have recently had a cold or if the ear shows sign of infection or ear wax (also very common), this can be easily treated with medicaton, painkiller, ear drops and cleaning if required.

4. In the meantime, get an anti-inflammatory tablet prescribed by your physician, if necessary.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.