Why am I feeling bloated after taking lumbar epidural steroid injection?

I had an Lumbar epidural steriod injection on July 31st about 4 or 5 days later, my stomach blew up like a balloon. I had prior injections about a year ago. I am still feeling bloated & wondering if this was from the cortisone. It seems weird that it would happen shortly after the injection.
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The major side effects resulting form the epidural steroid injection related to stomach are loss of control on bladder and bowel. another one is gastric ulcer, however there is no side effect like abdominal distension. Although steroid do induce weight gain but that is not all of a sudden. So, this problem is not due to the injection.

If you still have some queries feel free to ask. It will be a pleasure for me to help you out