Why am I experiencing delay in periods after consuming ipill?

Infertility Specialist
Me and my Gf did sex on 20th Nov, 2013 afternoon. She had Ipill next day i.e. 21st Nov. She got her regular period on 1st Dec, 2013. her next period date was 1st XXXXXXX 2014. But she has still not got her periods. We are worried. Please suggest. Is there any chances of pregnancy seeing she took Ipill and got her first period. It's been more than 10 days now and she has not got her second periods. Suggest.
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Delayed Periods Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare magic. I read your query and understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) The i pill has worked well and she was not pregnant when you had sex on Nov 20th because you had periods promptly on December 1. 2) If you didnt have sex in month of december, she may not be pregnant and its just a delayed periods that occurs in some women. 3) If you are still worried please get a urine pregnancy test done at home which will put your mind at ease and you can stop worrying. Let me know if you have any more queries. I will be happy to answer. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol