Whitish sore patch on the clitoris, pregnant. STD negative. What are the other chances?

i have a white sore thingy under the hood of my clitoris what could it be if std's are ruled out
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

The possibilities on that words include causes like aphthous ulcers, herpes infections, yeast infection which are the commonest. Aphthous ulcers would be likely if your sexual activity has been recently on the high. Herpes and yeast if your partner had been infected. (Ruled out as you say so.)

But, I would suggest a clinical opinion would be credible than your way ruling out conditions involving the external genitalia. Even if that is not aphthous ulcer, soreness would aggravate if not attended to now.

For now, keep the area clean and avoid any over the counter medications. And get an appointment with STD clinic. (I know, you have ruled out STD's - still would need an examination to confirm.) You would be prescribed medications as per the diagnosis and symptomatic too.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.
Follow-up: Whitish sore patch on the clitoris, pregnant. STD negative. What are the other chances? 58 minutes later
Okay STD's have been ruled out bc I'm a pregnant and I've already been tested
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 16 hours later
Thanks for the reply.
The chances of acquiring an infection, particularly by Candida (a type of yeast) are increased during pregnancy due to an increased blood flow to these regions and hormonal changes. Anti-fungals like clotrimazole are usually prescribed for pregnant women with Candida infection. However, the diagnosis must be confirmed before therapy is prescribed. I would recommend that you get yourself examined by your obstetrician who can examine and prescribe appropriate therapy.
Wish you best of health.