Ask a Dentist   »  

White stuff in the corners of mouth and yellowish lumps inside the mouth

I have white stuff in the corners of my mouth and all so I have yellow lumps on the sides of my cheeks inside of my mouth.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Radhika 4 hours later

You have white stuff around the corner of your mouth and yellow lumps inside your cheeks.

The white stuff can be due to collection of dry saliva when you sleep, when you are dehydrated or when you apply lip gloss.
If you have any associated symptoms such as pain/discomfort, it might be an ulcer
If you have itching or any thick layer formed which does not go away then you might need an examination, because there might be probability of yeast infection.

Yellow lump in mouth could be most probably due to mucocele or mucous retention cyst. Our mouth have various salivary glands; if any of these are blocked or damaged due to chewing, hot food there might be such lumps present. If it does not subside or reduce in 1 week you might require an examination and biopsy.

A direct physical examination will be useful in narrowing down the possibility. I may be able predict the close possibility if you may send a picture of the white collection and yellow lumps inside the mouth. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Hope I have answered your query.