White pimples near groin, painless, decreases and disappears with time, no scar or mark. Causes ?

i have noticed white pimple like occurrence near my groin (where the legs join).. it occurs like one or two and it is painless with a diameter of 2-3 mm.. it does'nt break.. after 1 or 2 days it slowly decrease in size and disappear.. no scar or any visible XXXXXXX after that.. i have no history of sex (even i have never done masturbation).. i don't know whether it is normal or not since i have never examined this region closely.. please advice
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 3 hours later

The white bumps could be hair follicular cysts.

These are benign and do not cause any issues. They occur due to collection of hair secretions within the follicles and subside on their own.

The pubic and the groin area has a lot of sebaceous glands around the hair follicles and it is common to see such benign lesions.

In some cases, these can get inflammed or infected resulting in pain, itching and sensitivity of the skin. But they subside on their own without any medications.

There is no need to worry about them.

I hope this clears your doubts.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.