White matter leukoaraiosis and mild cerebral atrophy. Suggest

Question
Mild cerebral atrophy and white matter leukoaraiosis
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 39 minutes later
Thanks for the query
Please note that the imaging findings (MRI, CT scan) need to be correlated clinically. Imaging findings per se has no meaning in some neurological disorders. The findings that you have described is a normal one. I will be very happy if you can tell me the reason of this imaging so that we can discuss it in a much better way.
Please get back
Best wishes

Follow-up: White matter leukoaraiosis and mild cerebral atrophy. Suggest 16 minutes later
MRI concluded:
1. 3mm right IAC vestibular schwannoma
2. Bilateral old cerebellar infarcts.

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 3 minutes later
Please tell me what was your problem which required MRI of the brain ? Please tell me the symptoms that you had which needed this tests ?
Best wishes

Follow-up: White matter leukoaraiosis and mild cerebral atrophy. Suggest 7 minutes later
loss hearing sensorineural asymmetric

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 24 hours later
Will you kindly let me know if you have done a audiometry test to find out the type of hearing loss or it is a simple clinical test. This has clinical implications in your case, kindly let me know

Best wishes

Follow-up: White matter leukoaraiosis and mild cerebral atrophy. Suggest 3 hours later
Completed an Audiogram 5-9-13
MRI 5-14-13
5-30-13 will XXXXXXX with ENT doctor then will XXXXXXX with Neuro Surgeon after.

Thanks for the feed back
Your primary question posted on day 1 can be due to old age per se and these finding can be non-specific in nature. You need not worry related to these findings. The MRI findings that need to be addressed by an ENT AND NEUROSURGEON ARE THE VESTIBULAR LESION.

Please get neurologically examined by a neurologist so that we can decide about any operation for vestibular lesion or else please post the MRI repot to me

Best wishes