White discharge, nauseous, dizzy, cramps. Had unprotected sex but had vasectomy. Suggest?

White discharge, nauseus, dizzy, cramps for a week no period a little late, unprotected sex ejaculated inside but had vasectomy about a month and a half ago.7 month baby breast feeading only at night.
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need assessment....

Detailed Answer:

I have noted your symptoms. I have a few possibilities that explains these symptoms. I shall list them one by one and what you can do to exclude them.

1. The first in line is pregnancy. Though vasectomy renders a man completely sterile, sterility is achieved only after few weeks / months. Doctor's record sequential semen analysis date few weeks after the procedure to confirm absence of sperm before declaring man sterile. I am not sure if your partner is declared sterile; if not pregnancy is very much the possibility.
Obviously you can perform a simple home pregnancy test to exclude pregnancy out of the cause lists.

2. The second serious possibility that you need to exclude is infection. Clear serous discharge is normal, but if the discharge is thick, curdy, foul smelling and producing vaginal itch/burning sensation and pain, it suggests infection.
You should observe the discharge and note if you have similar worrying symptoms. Seek immediate medical attention if they are present.

3. The third one in my list is hormonal fluctuation. It is common to see menstrual changes during lactational period. Normality will be restored spontaneously with time and patience. I usually advice my patients to wait for 2 weeks before consulting doctor to induce period.

4. The last one is due to other organic medical pathology such as anemia, thyroid changes and uterine pathologies. Your gynecologist through general screening and basic tests will be able to exclude them.

In short, I want you to first exclude pregnancy using home pregnancy test. If pregnancy is excluded observe the discharge and note fresh complaints that you may develop, should you find them seek medical help urgently.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications.

Follow-up: White discharge, nauseous, dizzy, cramps. Had unprotected sex but had vasectomy. Suggest? 2 hours later
Great answer. Since 3 months ago my period is very accurate 28 days, the discharge is not smelly or itchy at all, just more and white . I took a preg test 2 days ago negative but i had unprotected sex about a week and 2 weeks ago, so im not sure if it is too fast , how fast after unprotected sex does the pregnancy test show? And is it ok if i get pregnant after 7 months of giving birth? And today my nipples are a little tender
Answered by Dr. Prasad 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chance of pregnancy is slender...

Detailed Answer:

Home pregnancy test is accurate 2 weeks after ovulation days (which is roughly 2 weeks before your due date). As your pregnancy test was negative 2 days ago, the chance of pregnancy is very remote. However I would always recommend a second test a week later to rule out false negatives.

In my opinion, most of your symptoms are clearly due to hormonal changes which are very common in women. I would suggest you to wait through the next week. If period doesn't resume in the next 7 days, visit your gynecologist. He/she will write you pills to induce periods.

In the meanwhile make sure you eat healthy - plenty of fruits, green vegetables and drink lots of fluids. Be relaxed and stress free.

Hope this helps. You are free to ask clarifications.
If all your questions are answered, please close this discussion.