White bumps on throat. What is it?

ENT Specialist
My throat I checked with somebody yesterday and asked what we re the symptoms of a sore throat a fever and weakness but now when i look in the back of my throat down my throat there is a lot of little white bumps... I don't know what that means? someone please help?
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 16 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. The white bumps at the back of your throat are normal small islands of lymphoid tissue (like tonsil tissue) which have become inflamed and enlarged in response to the sore throat.

2. Get your throat examined by a physician who may prescribe an antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic medication. Do you have cough? Any cold or change in voice?

3. Meanwhile you may use a medicated oral rinse for gargling. House hold remedies such as honey and crushed ginger in the day and turmeric in warm milk at night will help soothe the throat. Keep yourself well hydrated and take adequate rest.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.