When should I start taking active pills?

Mar 2016

I take zenchent fe birth control and I was wondering if I didn't take the placebo pills (because I've heard then you won't get your period) do I just go right on to active? Or do I wait a week and then start the active? Also, does this really stop your period?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. 1) Placebo pills are basically sugar containing pill and used as reminder pill before starting a new pill pack. During this time, most women get their period. 2) You have to wait one week (if you don't take Placebo pill) before starting active pill (new) and you will get your period in this time. 3) NO, it DOESN'T stop your period. Either you can take Placebo pills regularly till you get your period OR you should wait ONE week without Placebo Pill before starting NEW active pill (Hormonal) pack. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW