When does the effectiveness of nuvaring start post insertion ?

I have been using Nuvia Ring for about a month and a half. I am on my ring-free week and am currently traveling. I realized I forgot to bring a ring with me and I don't get back until 2 days after my ring-free week. Thus, I will have to insert the ring 2 days late (Saturday, rather than Thursday). Will it still be effective?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 19 minutes later
Hi Biceranoh,

Thanks for posting your query

Nuvaring should be inserted after 7 days of the the ring free week. If the insertion is delayed by two days then possibility of pregnancy is there. So it is advisable to use protection(condom) if you are having intercourse in between. After returning you can insert the ring and then use extra precaution until you have used it for a week continuously.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.
Follow-up: When does the effectiveness of nuvaring start post insertion ? 1 hour later
Just a clarification:

When I insert the Nuviaring on Saturday (2 days late), then it will become fully effective again after 1 week?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 8 hours later
Hi Biceranoh,

Thanks for the follow up

Yes whenever you insert the ring it would be effective after a week.Just make sure that you are using protection while having intercourse during that period.

Hope it Helps,
Take Care!