What will happen with overdose (30 nos) of zolfresh 10mg and how should it be taken?

Question
IF I TAKE 30 TABLETS OF ZOLFRESH 10 MG AT A TIME , WHAT WILL HAPPEN ? THIS SEDDATION TABLETS SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH ALCHOHAL OR WATER ?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Depression

Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 17 minutes later

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

"An overdose (30 x 10mg = 300 mg) of Zolpidem would cause extreme sedation, respiratory arrest and coma leading to death". An antidote Flumazenil exists but would be very difficult to revive life.

Zolpidem 10 mg is taken with water for sleep onset difficulties. It is NOT to be used as a regular sleeping pill. As it does not have any effect in maintaining one's sleep. It only helps one to go to sleep.

Depression is not an indication for ZOLPIDEM. It needs a review with a psychiatrist and other anti-depressant medications are prescribed by the doctor.

I would advise you to introspect yourself, and identify that your depression needs urgent review with a doctor. Avoid using sleeping pills.

Depression is treatable well, and you should be going for a consultation right away.

If you want to discuss/share your medical doubts regarding depression, do feel free to write as much as you can in here, I will help you out.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Sincerely,