High fever, sore throat, sweating, irregular breathing after having Klonopin. Proposed treatment?

a buddy of mine recreationally took 7.5 mg of klonopin while unperscribed. 30 minutes later he passed out. we watched over him and he was sweating a lot and had weird irregular breathing . several hours later, he woke up to a 103.3 degree fever and a very sore throat . Is this a weird coincidence or is it due to the stupiduty of teens and prescription pills? 3 days have passed and his fever has barely dropped. we give him 3 advil every 5-6 hours accompanied by 3 cold showers daily. he already went to the doctor but did not tell them about the mass amount of klonopin he took, the doctor suspected mono due to the fever and swollen lymph nodes on his neck. how long should this last and is there anything better we can do??
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012