What will happen if vaginal tablet is swallowed?

May 2013
what happens if today vaginal table is swalloed. Today Contrceptive Vaginal Tablet is swalloed, instead of keeping it in a vagina
Posted Thu, 21 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 40 minutes later
hi Morecr,
thanks for the query.

Today vaginal tablet is made of polyurethane impregnated with 1gm of nonoxynol-9 as a spermicide.
nonoxynol-9 acts as a surfactant.

Ingestion of this may cause abdominal discomfort, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

If accidental ingestion occurs,
-have to visit the physician immediately or contact poison control center right away.

-do not induce vomiting,
-do not give anything by mouth,
-loosen tight clothing around the neck, around the waist,
-take the tablet container or the label

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.