What treatment should be done for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation?

Sep 2012

Dear Doctor, I am 31yrs male, married. I am not getting fully erection during sex and it is also getting lost in few minutes. And, also I am suffering from premature ejaculation. Please suggest that whether I should visit urologist or sexologist for my ED and PE problem, and could you please suggest a good doctor in navimumbai.
P.S: When I was studying in college (8-9yrs before), I did continuously 4-5 times masturbation. I am not sure, but I feel , I am getting this problem from that.
And, also 4yrs ago I took medicine for migraine head-ach as per doctor's prescription. The medicine was heavy dosage. After taking those medicines, my nervous were become very weak (I could not take 1 mug of water also in morning). After taking 1 month, I stopped those medicines and tried with ayurvedic medicine as per my local doctor's advice. Now, migraine is under control.
Please suggest for my ED and PE problem.
Posted Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, sex is a very sophisticated function of body controlled by complex nervous system. That means many psychological factors control the act. For this reason, if you are in stress, tension, any type of mental trauma, you can experience this type of problems.

Now, medicines used for controlling migraine can rarely cause this type of conditions.

Masturbation is a physiological act. It is a misconception that masturbation can lead to this type of situation.

For this problem, you first try some yoga to get relief from stress. Try to listen good music. Go to movies. Take a break from your day to day life.

If life style modifications mentioned above do not give you any result, you need to visit sexologist first. If he finds any gross abnormality he will refer you to urologist.

In treatment, considering your previous history, sildenafil group of drugs are enough. For dosing you need to visit a doctor.

For premature ejaculation some traditional methods are available like squeezing of the base of penis when you feel you are going to ejaculate. You can withdraw penis when you feel you are going to ejaculate and wait for few seconds.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.