What treatment do you suggest for lump in breast?

Mar 2016

i feel there is a lump in my breast, have noticed recently i havent tried any medication
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: BREAST LUMP NEEDS COMPLETE EVALUATION. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us. Breast lump (localized swelling around breast tissue) needs complete evaluation through proper clinical examination including axillary lymph nodes and laboratory investigation to confirm the nature of lump tissue (benign or malignant). Around 10% breast lumps are diagnosed as malignant or cancer. Breast lump could be due to fibrocystic change, fibroadenoma, benign mammary dysplasia etc without having malignancy. It is also seen that around 30% women don't have any type of underlying disease with breast lump. In this scenario, you need the following assessments to pinpoint the diagnosis under the guidance of SURGICAL ONCOLOGIST : 1) Clinical examination with axillary lymph node assessment. 2) Imaging - Mammography and ultrasound scan (USG) of breast. 3) Histopathological Examination - FNAC (Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology) or Corecut. Proper treatment can be done only after diagnosis of the case. Kindly, consult with your doctor regarding this. Hope, it helps for your information. Let me know, if you need any clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: What treatment do you suggest for lump in breast? 1 hour later
hi dr soumen, sorry if i have put my question incorrectly there is no lump around the breast but within the breast i feel some hardness...
Answered by Dr. S Patra 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: CONSULT WITH DOCTOR. NEED EVALUATION. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your response. Proper clinical examination is needed for hardness of breast (some portion) also to rule out underlying cause (if any) as mentioned in my earlier text. Without clinical confirmation and necessary imaging technique, exact diagnosis can not be made from the web. It is more important to know the nature of the breast tissue (around hardness) in this age group. Therefore, I suggest to consult with your doctor for proper management of the case. Hope, I have guided you properly. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion. Good luck. All the best. Regards, Dr Soumen